Longstay & Backpacker 2019/20 New Terms
We are pleased to provide details of the new Longstay & Backpacker 2019/20.
This product is now live on our new B2B sales platform (see details below).
Longstay & Backpacker remains highly competitive against other broker market policies and is the essential policy for your clients who are taking extended trips abroad of up to 18 months, such as a gap year, round the world trip or work abroad
KEY CHANGES FOR 2019/20
We’ve made changes to the cover limits:
- Backpacker – personal possessions increased from £500 to £750
- Longstay PLUS:
- Medical expenses increased from £5m to £10m
- Personal possessions increased from £2,000 to £2,500
- Valuables & Single Item Limit increased from £250 to £400
- Gadget cover increased from £1,000 to £1,500
- The medical expenses excess has increased from £75 to £95
- Rates have been increased slightly in response to rising claims costs
- Longstay PLUS – ConsularAssist cover will not be available on new sales
- There are a number of changes to the policy wording, including activity packs and Health Warranty
PDFs of the new 2019/20 documents will be uploaded to this website & B2B portal at the end of this month.
Links to the new documents are included below for your reference:
Our B2B portal provides you with access to Longstay & Backpacker to get instant quotes and issue policies for your clients.
Please note: Longstay & Backpacker remains on the original B2B system. It will move onto the new B2B portal later in the year (where Travel Plus and Free Spirit are both currently available.